How stamp collecting is helping to change Australian children’s lives.
The Dayboro Lions last year joined an Australia-wide Lions initiative that collects and sells postage stamps to buy mobility equipment for disabled Australian children.
The program works as follows:
- Carefully tear the stamps off envelopes sent to you or your business, please do not damage them and please leave a paper rim around each stamp so that we can tidy them up.
- Drop the stamps at the Dayboro post office for collection by the Lions, or contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a large collection.
- We tidy the stamps by cutting a little rim around each serrated edge.
- Once we’ve collected a few boxes we deliver them to the Lions stamp experts. They sort the stamps into batches for auctioning.
- The stamps are sold at auction. Many appear to go to China, which is great. Thankfully they like used Australian stamps!
- All of the funds raised are given to the Australian Lions Children’s Mobility Foundation to buy mobility aids.
- Please see the following address for details http://alcmf.lions.org.au/
- This is an amazing recycling project, giving joy to children from our rubbish.